- Gadsby's Tavern Museum
- 134 N. Royal Street
- Region Northern Virginia
- Locality Alexandria City
- Saturday, May 02, 2015 (9:00 AM-12:00 PM)
- Saturday, May 09, 2015 (9:00 AM-12:00 PM)
- Saturday, May 16, 2015 (9:00 AM-12:00 PM)
- Saturday, May 23, 2015 (9:00 AM-12:00 PM)
- Saturday, May 30, 2015 (9:00 AM-12:00 PM)
- Phone: (703) 746-4242
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website gadsbystavern.org
In honor of National Preservation Month, find out what mysteries lie behind the doors of Alexandria's historic sites! Attics and Alleys is a 3-hour walking tour, featuring the rarely seen spaces (normally not open to the public) at 4 sites: Gadsby's Tavern Museum, Carlyle House Historic Park, Lee-Fendall House, and the Stabler-Leadbeater Apothecary Museum. Tour highlights include the attics of each site, historic grafitti, and the alleys that connect the oldest part of the city.
Tour includes walking many city blocks, narrow stairs, and access to confined spaces. Walking shoes required. Held rain or shine. Photography welcome.
Tours every Saturday in May, starting at either Lee-Fendall House or Gadsby's Tavern Museum (choose when purchasing tickets).
Admission Fee: $35 per ticket, tickets limited and advance reservations required; tickets online at Shop.Alexandriava.gov.
Last Updated: 1/7/2015 3:30 PM