A stone’s throw away from the heart of Washington DC lies the picturesque town of Leesburg, home to many of the region’s “first families”, including the Carters, Lees, and Masons.
Established in 1732, the historic heart of the city boasts rich history and a plethora of 18th and 19th century architecture. Much of the fabric of the original town remains intact despite a robust economy and growing population.
Within the historic town limit lies some of the region’s best restaurants boasting flavorful, innovative dishes that utilize locally sourced products whenever possible.
We will enjoy the following specialties:
- Authentic Italian cuisine featuring housemade pasta and sausages and wine pairings
- CIA trained chef Ingrid Gustavson’s signature soup and salad in the town’s 150-year-old bank building
- Mid Atlantic comfort food created with South East Asian influences
- Local seafood served in a restored 19th century mill Virginia style Barbecue
- Dessert from an award winning bakery featured on the Food Network
All dishes served are included in the tour. Enough food is served that for most participants, dinner afterwards will not be needed. Seating and special service is provided at all restaurants throughout the tour.
Last Updated: 7/16/2013 12:29 PM