- Oakwood Cemetery
- Region Central Virginia
- Locality Charlottesville City
- Friday, August 01, 2014 (7:00 PM-8:00 PM)
- Friday, August 08, 2014 (7:00 PM-8:00 PM)
- Friday, August 15, 2014 (7:00 PM-8:00 PM)
- Friday, August 22, 2014 (7:00 PM-8:00 PM)
- Friday, August 29, 2014 (7:00 PM-8:00 PM)
- Main Office: (434) 296-1492
- Email email@example.com
- Website albemarlehistory.org/index.php/Historical_Society/events/programs_historical_walk_tours
Opened in 1864, Oakwood Cemetery is one of Charlottesville's public cemeteries; the final resting place for many area citizens from all walks of life. Join ACHS on a tour of this intriguing cemetery, featuring the stories of the citizens or the symbolism found on 19th and 20th century grave markers.
Cost is $5/person. Tickets can be purchased online at http://www.albemarlehistory.org/ or at the start of the tour. To schedule a group tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit http://albemarlehistory.org/index.php/Historical_Society/events/programs_historical_walk_tours/ for tour announcements.
Check back for the September and October Historical Walking Tour Schedule.
ACHS Hours: M-F 9:00am-5:00pm/ Sat (Library only) 10:00am-1:00pm
Admission Fee: $5/person
Last Updated: 7/28/2014 1:33 PM