Join us for a relaxing, informative carriage tour as we explore the heart of "America's Most Historic City." We'll ramble through Fredericksburg's 40 blocks of historic neighborhoods, where you'll see the quaint cobbled streets and picturesque architecture that adds to the city's unique charm.
Enjoy a trip back in time during your 30 minute carriage ride and learn about:
- Market Square and Fredericksburg Area Museum/Cultural Center
- Dr. Hugh Mercer's apothecary shop
- Rising Sun Tavern - Fredericksburg's only proper tavern and the former home of Charles Washington
- Living history museums to include the home of Mary Washington and law office of James Monroe
- The slave trade and the still standing auction block
- Timeless, gracious homes with lush gardens and picket fences
- The breathtaking churches that include the church George Washington attended as a child
After the tour check out the many unique shops and restaurants still operating in buildings hundreds of years old!
Your tour guide will be a licensed professional with extensive knowledge of Fredericksburg's history and you'll enjoy stories from over 300 years of this city's amazing past.
Admission Fee: $12 per adult $5 per child 4 years to 10 years
Last Updated: 7/8/2013 2:23 PM