- Virginia Living Museum
- 524 J. Clyde Morris Boulevard
- Newport News,
- Region Hampton Roads
- Locality Newport News City
- Sunday, December 21, 2014 (12:00 PM-5:00 PM)
- Monday, December 22, 2014 - Tuesday, December 23, 2014 (9:00 AM-5:00 PM)
- Friday, December 26, 2014 - Saturday, December 27, 2014 (9:00 AM-5:00 PM)
- Sunday, December 28, 2014 (12:00 PM-5:00 PM)
- Monday, December 29, 2014 - Wednesday, December 31, 2014 (9:00 AM-5:00 PM)
- Phone: (757) 595-1900
- Program Registration: (757) 595-9135
- Fax: (757) 599-4897
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website www.thevlm.org
View endangered red wolves. Get up close to a loggerhead turtle and jellyfish. Touch live spider crabs and fossilized dinosaur tracks. Living exhibits depict Virginia's natural heritage from the mountains to the sea. Experience a steamy cypress swamp and cool mountain cove. Explore the underwater world of the Chesapeake Bay and the underground realm of a limestone cave. Touch famous Bay creatures, plus enjoy hands-on activities. See spectacular views of the sun from the observatory. Venture into space in the state-of-the-art digital planetarium theater. Outdoors, stroll the boardwalk to view coastal birds, beavers, otters, coyotes and other animals in naturalized habitats and see an extensive array of native plants. Learn how to build, garden and live "green" in the Living Green House and Conservation Garden.
The Virginia Living Museum is the mid-Atlantic region's premier science education facility where science and nature come to life. Nowhere else can students explore all of Virginia's physiographic regions in a day and encounter more than 250 living native species of animals and plants exhibited in their natural habitats. Students experience science discoveries that simply can't be duplicated in a school classroom. Exhibits and programs correlate to Virginia and national science standards.
Self-guided visit. Book in advance.
Admission Fee: $16 adult, $12 child, groups of 10 or more. Group leader admitted free.
Last Updated: 1/14/2014 2:23 PM