Conference Planning in Williamsburg VA
Don't let our size fool you. Williamsburg is a major conference destination that has hosted some of the world's most prestigious and demanding groups. President Obama visited Williamsburg right after his inauguration to attend the meeting of the Democratic Caucus. President Ronald Reagan hosted the Economic Summit of Industrialized Nations here. The Business Roundtable, an association of the CEOs of our nation's 100 largest corporations, has met here annually since 1995. The U. S. Senate Democratic Caucus and NATO's Defense Ministers chose Williamsburg as their meeting site. Among our frequent visitors are U. S. Presidents, Queen Elizabeth, Emperor Hirohito of Japan, Lady Margaret Thatcher, Prince Charles and dozens of other heads of state.
Perfect meeting sites
We have nearly 10,000 guest rooms that range from five-star luxury resorts to economy-minded hotels. And, all of our conference hotels have gone green! Experienced sales and service professionals at each property are there to serve your every need. Your group will enjoy the same level of service and attention to detail that keeps the world's most demanding customers returning to Williamsburg. It's no surprise that meeting planners report that their attendance rises when they meet here. Our unmatched combination of attractions and activities will delight your delegates and their families as well.
Let Us Assist You!
Equipped with years of conference planning experience, the Greater Williamsburg Chamber & Tourism Alliance will help make your job easy. From detailed advanced planning to meticulous follow-through, we are dedicated to making your group feel welcomed, pampered and valued. We will plan your site inspection itinerary, arrange your accommodations and escort you throughout your visit. We'll supply promotional materials, assist with media coverage, provide speaker information and help with dozens of other details that ensure a successful meeting. The professional meeting planners who read Successful Meetings magazine have three times voted the Alliance the prestigious, "Pinnacle" award for outstanding service.
From 18th-century fare in a restored colonial tavern and Michelin 4-Star dining in Merchants Square to burgers, seafood and New York-style pizza, these are choices to satisfy every appetite.
So much to see and do
Between meetings enjoy some of our many area attractions, museums, art, shopping and amusement parks. There is something for everyone here.
For detailed information on all Williamsburg area conference properties, please
browse through our facility listing
Top Reasons to Choose Williamsburg for Your Next Meeting Event:
- Our properties offer nearly 10,000 guest rooms that range from five-star luxury resort to economy-minded hotels. Experienced sales and service professionals are available at each property.
- Our conference hotels can accommodate meetings for 10 people to 1200 people with full service and on-site audio visual.
- Centrally located on the eastern seaboard, Williamsburg is 150 miles south of Washington D.C., midway between Richmond and Virginia Beach. Easily accessible, the Historic Triangle is served by Amtrak and three major airports: Newport News/Williamsburg International, Richmond International and Norfolk International.
- Williamsburg offers convenient ground transportation, including airport shuttles; rental cars and limo services are available.
- Williamsburg is ranked as one of the world's top golf destinations! Plus, we have an average daytime temperature of 70 degrees!
- Discover the story of America's beginnings at Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown Settlement, Historic Jamestowne, Historic Yorktown, Yorktown Battlefield and Yorktown Victory Center or enjoy Busch Gardens and Water Country, USA!
- Nobody knows the ins and outs of Williamsburg better than our local tour companies. Be sure to check out one of the many walking tours, guided tours and even ghost tours!
- The greater Williamsburg area boasts an amazing selection of stores and boutiques. From outlets to colonial inspired shops, there is something for everyone's shopping palate.
- From fine dining and burgers to fresh seafood and New York style pizza, the Historic Triangle offers a wide range of delicious dining options.