On Columbus Day weekend, October 7-9, visitors may tour eight spectacular waterfront residences, ranging from a comfy cottage to a 9,200-square foot stately home. Four of the homes are located in Franklin County and four are in Bedford County. The Smith Mountain Lake Charity Home Tour is the only event of its kind in the nation that allows visitors to access all homes by car or boat. It offers tour visitors many great ideas for decorating, remodeling and landscaping, as well as a look at lake-living lifestyles.
The 2016 Home Tour features five homes on the Roanoke River and three on the Blackwater River.
- • Boyer Home, 1114 Shady Point Rd., Huddleston
• Cocrane Home, 951 Parkway Ave., Moneta
• Dewar Home, 990 Three Quarter Point, Wirtz
• Jaramillo Home, 214 Park Shores Circle, Moneta
• Schoenberg Home, 19 Navigation Point, Moneta
• Strup Home, 145 Atlantic Ave., Moneta
• Thomas Home, 629 Island Pointe Dr., Moneta
• Wisnieski Home, 101 Spinnaker Sail Ct., Moneta
Tickets available online, select ticket outlets, by mail or at any of the featured homes on the day of the event. The annual fundraising event, now in its 26th year, will benefit eight local charities.
Start the tour at the Smith Mountain Lake Visitor Center, where you'll find more information about the area.