The 2017 Virginia International Tattoo is going to be particularly momentous, honoring 3 very important 100 year anniversaries.
• 100 years since the US entry into WWI, and the heroic American pilots who volunteered to be part of Lafayette’s Squadron
• 100 years from the founding of NASA’s Langley Research Center (located in our area)
• 100 years from the founding of Naval Station Norfolk, the world’s largest naval base.
This is what you can expect from the American Bus Association’s Top Event:
• A spectacular arrangement of The Star-Spangled Banner sung by a talented American service person
• Precise military drill displays from Norway, the United Kingdom and the United States
• Bagpipes! Strong pipe and drum corps playing traditional Highland tunes
• Forty energetic Irish dancers ranging in age from 4 to 24
• America’s premiere fife and drum corps, Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps
• An audience of thousands singing along to their service song
• The lone bugler
• Amazing Grace in multiple languages