335 Cummings Street,
Abingdon, VA 24210
The Cummings Cabin was built in 1774 by Rev. Charles Cummings. Sinking Spring Presbyterian Church moved the cabin to the cemetery in order to preserve it. It was placed near the Cummings log church. Charles Cummings was known as the Fightin Parson because he fought in area Native American battles and carried rifles to the pulpit with him; he was the first minister in Abingdon in 1773.