Old Stone Presbyterian Church & Daniel Morgan Statue

The Great Wagon Road
Home>The Road>Winchester Frederick County>Old Stone Presbyterian Church & Daniel Morgan Statue
 

Historical Significance Old Stone Pres. - -

Scotch-Irish settlers built this stone meeting house for worship in 1788, when Winchester was a thriving frontier village. The first Sunday School South of the Mason-Dixon line was organized here in 1815. General Daniel Morgan of Revolutionary War fame was a member.


Old Stone Presbyterian Church & Daniel Morgan Statue Today

Scotch-Irish settlers built this stone meeting house for worship in 1788, when Winchester was a thriving frontier village. It was in this church that the first Sunday School South of the Mason-Dixon line was organized in 1815. General Daniel Morgan of Revolutionary War fame was a member. A bronze statue of Morgan with commemorative plaques, errected by the Daniel Morgan Riffle Company, graces the corner yard.



On Virginia.org Old Stone Presbyterian Church & Daniel Morgan Statue