Please enter your current email address to receive instructions on resetting your password.
Your password has been reset. Please check your email for further instructions.
You are sending a link to the page. Please completely fill out the form
Add an additional message below.
The URL for the page will automatically be added to your message.
1. TO ENTER: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. You must be 21 years of age or older and a resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. To participate log on to www.virginia.org/sweeps and access the entry form. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter the required participant information. One (1) Grand Prize winner drawn at random will receive a family vacation to Virginia and two (2) first place winners drawn at random will receive Virginia is for Lovers Winter Fun gift baskets.
2. WINNER SELECTION: Selection of the grand prize and first prize winners will be will be made at random at Virginia Tourism Corporation, 901 East Byrd Street, Richmond, VA 23219, on January 17, 2012, at 12:00 noon Eastern Time. Winners will have 7 days to claim the prize. The odds of winning will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or by email. All prizes will be awarded. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. If any prize component becomes unavailable for any reason, the Virginia Tourism Corporation reserves the right to substitute a component of comparable value. Entrants agree the Virginia Tourism Corporation has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this promotion and that a decision by the Virginia Tourism Corporation is final and binding. Winners and travel companions, by acceptance of the prize, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Virginia Tourism Corporation, participating destinations and other participating partners in the promotion, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize. The Virginia Tourism Corporation, Virginia Economic Development Partnership, Virginia Tourism Corporation board members, Virginia Economic Development Partnership board members, Wintergreen Resort, and other participating partners in the promotion are not are not responsible for personal injury of any prize winners or travel companion incurred in connection with the use of the prize. Winners assume all applicable tax liability for their prizes.
Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winners’ and travel companions’ names, voices, pictures, likenesses, and city and state of residences and any information provided on the application form (with the exception of physical address and phone number) for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion (except where prohibited) in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by the Virginia Tourism Corporation, its affiliates, partners and sponsors, without additional compensation.
A potential winner may be requested to provide the sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved, the entry will be deemed ineligible. The winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and winner and travel companion Liability/Publicity Releases which must be returned within 7 days of attempted notification or an alternate winner may be chosen.
For details on obtaining the prize, winners should contact the Virginia Tourism Corporation at 804-545-5575.
3. PRIZES: The sweepstakes period runs from 12 a.m. (midnight) November 14, 2011, to 12 a.m. (midnight) January 16, 2012 Eastern Time. Prizes will be drawn on January 17, 2012 at the Virginia Tourism Corporation’s offices. There are one Grand Prize and two First Prizes described below.
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL RECEIVE
Retail value of $4,700
Travel must be completed between January 18-December 31, 2012. Lodging is subject to availability. Blackout dates apply for February 17-20, 2012; and December 24-31, 2012.
TWO (2) FIRST PRIZE WINNERS WIILL RECEIVE:
Retail value of $250
4. ELIGIBILITY: Only one entry per person and one winner per household. Sweepstakes are open only to legal residents the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age or older. The sweepstakes are void where prohibited by law or restricted. The sweepstakes are not open to employees or immediate family members of the Virginia Tourism Corporation, Virginia Economic Development Partnership, Wintergreen Resort, and other participating partners in the promotion, Virginia Tourism Corporation’s board members or their immediate family, and Virginia Economic Development Partnership’s board members or their immediate family.
Winners must be 21 years of age or older. Winners’ travel companions must be one of the following: a) 21 years of age or older, or b) if travel companion is a minor, must be the child or legal ward of the winner, or c) if travel companion is a minor and not a child or legal ward of the winner, then the winner must provide such minor’s parent or legal guardian’s notarized written permission and liability/publicity release prior to ticketing of prize. The winner and travel companions must travel on the same itinerary and possess all required travel documents and identification (including, without limitation, visas and a valid passport, if applicable).
5. DISCLAIMERS: The Virginia Tourism Corporation, Virginia Economic Development Partnership, Virginia Tourism Corporation board members, Virginia Economic Development Partnership board members, Wintergreen Resort, and other participating destinations and partners are not responsible for errors in printing or electronic presentation of the Sweepstakes. Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor's servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Web site. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify any promotion not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. The Virginia Tourism Corporation reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute regarding on-line entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the e-mail account submitted at the time of entry. Authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by the Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization that is responsible for arranging e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Rules are subject to any requirements/limitations imposed by the FCC. Winner and travel companions agree that Virginia Tourism Corporation, Virginia Economic Development Partnership, Virginia Tourism Corporation board members, Virginia Economic Development Partnership board members, Wintergreen Resort, and other participating partners in the promotion, their subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and promotion agencies shall not be liable for injuries or losses of any kind resulting from acceptance of or use of prizes. All traveling companions of the winner, and the parents and legal guardians of any minor traveling companions, by accepting any of the benefits of the prizes awarded, shall have agreed to be bound by the provisions of this disclaimer. All Federal, State and local laws and regulations apply. Sweepstakes rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia.