- 276-579-7092 (Park office)
- 800-933-7275 (Reservations)
Near Mount Rogers and Whitetop Mountain, Virginia's two highest mountains, Grayson Highlands offers scenic views of alpine-like peaks more than 5,000 feet high. Facilities include a visitor center, campgrounds, and hiking trails leading to waterfalls and overlooks. Scenic horse trails and a horse camping area with electric and water hookups, stables and parking for trailers are available. The park provides year-round access to the Appalachian Trail and the Virginia Highlands Horse Trail.
Camping and a camping lodge (bunkhouse).
Total sites of each type of Camping:
Electric and water sites, 37.
Standard campsites, 32.
Horse/Stable area campsites with electric and water, 23.
Covered stalls for horses, 38.
Open horse stalls, 29.
RV50 electric and water 4.
Group Camping, 1.
Camping Lodge (bunkhouse), 1.
- All campsites are dirt/gravel with picnic tables and grills at each site. Maximum of six campers per site.
- Most sites are wooded; one site is universally accessible near bathhouse.
- The horse campground is far from the park's other campgrounds.
- Each site has a fire-ring for cooking and campfires.
- Firewood and ice are available at the park.
Primitive camping is centralized in stable area campground during March and April and in November
- Pet Friendly
Last Updated: 03/15/2016
829 Grayson Highlands Lane
Mouth of Wilson, VA 243630 MI
2072 Laurel Hill Rd
Mouth of Wilson, VA 243632.19 MI
388 Tucker Rd.,
Mouth of Wilson, VA 243632.31 MI
387 Rugby Creek Lane
Mouth of Wilson, VA 243632.46 MI
1314 Rugby Rd.
Mouth of Wilson, VA 243632.55 MI