Travelers discover that it's easy to get to Virginia and easy to get around once here. Virginia's location - midway between New York and Miami is less than a day's drive from any city east of the Mississippi. And Virginia's 11 commercial airports - including Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and Washington Dulles International (both newly renovated and expanded) - plus 57 general aviation airports and Amtrak rail service connect Virginia cities to commuter and long-distance travel routes. Virginia boasts well-maintained major highways; and with thousands of miles of scenic byways, a road trip in Virginia always turns up something new.
Click here for road alerts and traffic cameras in Virginia or call the Highway Helpline at 1-800-367-ROAD for up to the minute information about current road and traffic conditions. See the Virginia Department of Transportation site for information about traveling the Commonwealth's roads.
- View an online map of Virginia's Safety Rest Areas and Welcome Center at VirginiaDOT.org.
- For information on Virginia's Ferry system please check the Virginia Department of Transportation's website.
- Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel
- Elizabeth River Tunnels
- Virginia State Highway Map
- 511 Virginia - I-81 Traffic and travel information. 24-hour voice response real time information. Local phone connection to hotels, motels, restaurants and businesses. 800-578-4111
- Electric Charging Stations
- As you travel the Commonwealth, remember Virginia’s “Move Over Law.” Keep our first responders and highway workers safe! Get the facts about this life-saving law.
- Roanoke Regional Airport
- Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport
- Ronald Reagan National Airport
- Washington Dulles Airport
- Newport News-Williamsburg International Airport
- Norfolk International Airport
- Richmond International
- Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport
- Blue Ridge Regional Airport
- Baltimore Washington International Airport
- Lynchburg Regional Airport
- Virginia Department of Aviation
Last Updated: 12/20/2019