Highway signage identifies stops and waypoints along the more than 300-mile route of the Crooked Road as it winds through the scenic terrain of southwest Virginia, including ten counties, three cities, and ten towns. Although the trail is focused on the uniqueness and vitality of this region’s heritage music, it also includes outdoor recreational activities, museums, crafts, and historic and cultural programs.
For more information and an interactive version of the map above, visit the website of The Crooked Road or click on the map.
- Blue Ridge Institue & Museum, Ferrum
- The Floyd Country Store, Floyd
- Blue Ridge Music Center, Caroll, Grayson Counties
- Rex Theater & Old Fiddlers Convention, Galax
- Heartwood, Abingdon
- Birthplace of Country Music, Bristol
- Carter Family Fold, Hiltons
- Country Cabin II, Norton
- Ralph Stanley Museum, Clintwood