Are you passionate about the environment? Here’s how to minimize the environmental impact of your Virginia vacation:
- Stay at a Virginia Green Lodging facility. Nearly 500 hotels, B&B’s, and inns with commitments to recycling, optional linen service, and green conferences and meetings.
- Visit Virginia Green Attractions. Virginia State Parks, museums, wineries, amusement parks, and music venues.
- Eat Green! Virginia Green Restaurants recycle and provide eco-friendly disposables, conserve energy and water, and provide sustainable and local food choices!
- Attend Virginia Green Events. More than 100 festivals and other events have qualified for Virginia Green!
- Customer Feedback! The Virginia Green program only works when you provide constructive feedback and ideas to our participants….
- AND….encourage other tourism operations to join Virginia Green!
What Else can I do?
- Virginia Green facilities are encouraged to promote public transit and carpooling and many even give discounts for hybrids and alternatively-fueled vehicles.
- Virginia provides for a wide array of “eco-tours”, and Virginia Green is currently developing new standards for tour operators. (due out soon!)
- Many conferences and regional tourism board provide green volunteer opportunities to help clean up coastlines and plant trees!
Last Updated: 12/15/2016