The Richmond Liberty Trail is a walking route that connects many of downtown Richmond's historic sites, attractions and neighborhoods, including 15 national historic landmarks. This 6.2 mile (10K) trail will be marked with a logo painted on the sidewalk.
The Trail is but one of several self-guided opportunities to experience Richmond's 400-year history on foot. In Shockoe Bottom, it connects with the Richmond Slave Trail. There is no beginning or end to the Richmond Liberty Trail. Participants are encouraged to walk portions of the route based on their interests.
Lumpkin's Slave Jail Site
- African Burial Ground
- Capitol Square
- The Valentine
- Maggie L. Walker Historic Site
- St. John's Church
- The Canals, Canal Walk and Brown's Island
- The American Civil War Center at Historic Tredegar
- The Christopher Newport Cross
- Virginia Holocaust Museum
- Black History Museum and Cultural Center of Virginia
Last Updated: 8/9/2019