Fardowners Restaurant takes its name from a group of Irish immigrants who labored for the Blue Ridge Railway Co. and
helped construct four tunnels through the Blue Ridge Mountains during the decade before the Civil War. Claudius Crozet's remarkable feat of engineering took eight years and linked the eastern part of Virginia with the west. Opened to rail traffic in April of 1858, it was considered to be one of the engineering wonders of the modern world. The railway ultimately put the village of Crozet on the map. The old C&O railroad depot can be seen outside the restaurant windows across The Square on the other side of the tracks.
Our Executive Chef, Mark Cosgrove, and kitchen staff has a wide culinary range, and are more than happy to create a custom menu tailored to your specific needs. Feel free to contact us with any inquiries.
Last Updated: 05/09/2014
The Square, Crozet, Charlottesville
Charlottesville, VA 229320.01 MI
5794 Three Notch'd Road
Crozet, VA 229320.03 MI
5790 Three Notch'd Rd
Crozet, VA 229320.06 MI
5734 B Three Notched Road
Crozet, VA 229320.14 MI