Built in stages beginning in 1819, John Clarke purchased the property in 1855 and added the second story. His daughter Estelle and her husband John Palmore added the clapboard section in 1910. In 1999, Vera Morton, daughter of John and Estelle Palmore, donated the house and 12 acres to the County. National Register Historic Site. Open for special programs and by appointment. Please call (804) 652-3411 to schedule an appointment.
- Family Friendly
Last Updated: 12/07/2017