Located directly across the river from Washington, DC, Fairfax County is home to the first Virginia wineries you encounter outside of DC and is considered the gateway to Northern Virginia's legendary wine trails. So, if you are looking for a Virginia wine experience, Fairfax County is where you begin!
Virginia's wine making legacy reaches back over 400 years and over 80 wineries are found in Northern Virginia alone. Today our Cabernet Francs, Nortons and Viogniers are rapidly becoming the darlings of the international wine scene. Better yet, you can visit two of Virginia's award-winning boutique wineries without even leaving Fairfax County:
- Afternoon: The Winery at Bull Run - Enjoy tastings at this historic winery adjacent to Manassas National Battlefield Park. This working farm vineyard offers a glimpse of a rich Virginia heritage with wine making techniques from the Civil War era which have produced multiple award-winning wines.
- Dinner: Vinifera Wine Bar & Bistro - named after the vine species that produces over 99% of all of today's wines and where you can pair inspired dishes with an assortment of over 300 local and international wines, elevating Vinifera from more than just a restaurant — to an experience.
- Evening: Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts - Wolf Trap hosts world-renowned performers year-round in either their winter venue, The Barns at Wolf Trap, or their summer outdoor amphitheater, the Filene Center. The Filene Center encourages patrons to pack a picnic basket, your favorite wine and spread out on the lawn to enjoy the show!
- Morning: Workhouse Arts Center - Browse hand crafted arts and crafts created on-site by local artisans and find yourself a unique accessory in this former prison turned artist paradise.
- Lunch: Enjoy a catered lunch through Paradise Springs Winery
- Afternoon: Paradise Springs Winery - owned by the same family since 1716 and situated on 36 acres in Clifton, VA. The property features an 1800’s log cabin which was renovated in 1955 by a protégé of Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Dinner: Trummer's on Main - Enjoy fresh fare at top rated restaurants in the metro Washington, DC area which features a wine list comprised from the open view wine cellar that holds over 8,000 bottles.
- Evening: George Mason University Center for the Arts - Book tickets to a performance at this elegant year-round venue.
Last Updated: 06/25/2015
7920 Jones Branch Drive
McLean, VA 221020.31 MI
7920 Jones Branch Drive
McLean, VA 221020.38 MI
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
McLean, VA 221020.48 MI
1700 Tysons Boulevard
McLean, VA 221020.49 MI
In The Ritz Carlton Tysons Corner
McLean, VA 221020.5 MI