Connect with America's history and culture through unique Fairfax County historical sites and performance venues.
- Morning: George Washington’s Mount Vernon Estate & Gardens - America’s most visited historic estate. Learn about the “Father of Our Country” through the 25 interactive exhibits and multi-sensory experiences of the Donald W. Reynolds Museum and Education center.
- Lunch: Mount Vernon Inn
- Afternoon: Mount Vernon’s Distillery and Gristmill and Woodlawn Estate - The seasonal Distillery and Gristmill features interpreters in period costume demonstrating the on-site operations. Woodlawn Estate, once a part of George Washington’s Mount Vernon, offers seasonal tours around the property which also features Frank Lloyd Wright's Pope-Leighey House.
- Dinner: Italian cuisine at it's best at Pane e Vino
- Evening: Workhouse Arts Center - A re-purposed early 20th century prison facility where visitors are encouraged to interact with the artists when they visit for a hands-on experience. In addition to visual arts, the Workhouse Arts Center is home to performing arts, including theater, and musical and dance performances.
- Morning: Claude Moore Colonial Farm - Interact with a traditional family to learn how they lived their daily life in the year 1771.
- Lunch: Clyde's of Tysons Corner - Traditional American dining.
- Afternoon: Colvin Run Mill - Explore the beautifully restored historic Colvin Run Mill which was built in 1811 and visit the country store while you're there.
- Dinner: Gordon Biersch - Hand crafted beer and great food
- Evening: Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts - Enjoy year-round performances ranging from symphony to rock at the country’s only National Park dedicated solely to the performing arts.
- Morning: Frying Pan Farm Park and Historic Herndon - Ride a tractor while touring this preserved 1950’s farm. Next, go antiquing and grab some lunch in Historic Herndon.
- Afternoon: Sully Historic Site and National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center - At Sully you can take a guided tour of the main house which was completed by Virginia's first congressman, Richard Bland Lee, in 1799. Then connect with the history of flight through 23 galleries, 120 aircraft and 135 spacecraft at the National Air and Space Museum.
- Dinner: On-site dining at the Udvar-Hazy Center
- Evening: IMAX Airbus Theater - Choose to see an educational film during the day or stay for an evening showing of one of the latest blockbuster hits.
Last Updated: 06/26/2015
7920 Jones Branch Drive
McLean, VA 221020.31 MI
7920 Jones Branch Drive
McLean, VA 221020.38 MI
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
McLean, VA 221020.48 MI
1700 Tysons Boulevard
McLean, VA 221020.49 MI
In The Ritz Carlton Tysons Corner
McLean, VA 221020.5 MI