Admit it. Seeing great food on television literally whets your appetite to seek it out and experience it for yourself. Here's your guide to Virginia restaurants featured on food related shows. Map them out and eat well.
Adam Richman's Best Sandwich in America: Mid Atlantic (Travel Channel)
Adam Richman is focused on one thing - America's best sandwich. He's traveled into Virginia seeking it and found a good one.
- CSS Virginia at The Black Sheep, Richmond
Boy Meets Grill (Food Network)
Host Bobby Flay demonstrates grill cooking - everything from lobsters to dessert.
- Amity Halal Meat & Grocery, Fairfax | "Smoked BBQ Ribs" episode
Cupcake Wars (Food Network)
These Virginia bakers have participated in a stand off with others of their trade. Go taste their treats!
- Dawn Eskins of Carolina Cupcakery, Chesapeake | "Jennette McCurdy Country Cupcakes" episode
- Matt Fraker and Jessica Jones of Frostings, Glen Allen | "Wicked" episode
- Carla Hesseltine of Just Cupcakes, Virginia Beach | "Kentucky Derby" episode
Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (Food Network)
Guy Fieri has made his way across Virginia on multiple occasions.
- Beach Pub, Virginia Beach | "Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner" episode
- Captain Chuck-a-Muck's Ship Store & Grill, Carrollton | "Where the Locals Eat" episode
- Citrus Breakfast & Lunch, Virginia Beach | Pizza, Pancakes and Pork
- Dots Back Inn, Richmond | "Something Different" episode
- Doumar's, Norfolk | "Brain Freeze" episode
- Flip Flops Grill + Chill, Virginia Beach | "Family Matters" episode
- Get Fresh Cafe, Norfolk | "Gettin' Fresh" episode
- Harvey's Hot Dogs II, Portsmouth | "Unexpected Eats" episode
- La Caraquena, Falls Church | "Gone Global" episode
- The Leaping Lizard and Cafe, Virginia Beach | "Old to New" episode
- Metro 29 Diner, Arlington | "Sweet 'n Savory" episode
- Moseberth's Fried Chicken, Portsmouth | "Time Tested Treasures" episode
- Rigoletto Italian Bakery & Cafe, Virginia Beach | "Global Comfort" episode
- The Village Cafe, Richmond | "Neighborhood Joints" episode
- Virginia Diner, Wakefield | "Regional Favorites" episode
- Whitner's BBQ, Virginia Beach | "Slammin' Sammies" episode
Donut Showdown (Food Network)
Who can spin a common donut into something truly epicurean? Surprise ingredients challenge three donut makers.
- O'Doodledoo's Donuts, Suffolk | "High School Cafeteria" episode
FoodNation with Bobby Flay: Richmond, VA (Food Network)
While this show no longer airs, Bobby Flay came to Virginia prowling our local culinary history at these Richmond hot spots:
- 17th Street Farmers' Market
- Croaker's Spot
- Lemaire Restaurant
- Padow's Ham & Deli
- Sally Bell's Kitchen
Food Paradise (Travel Channel)
Just a highlight of the best foods around ...
- Doumar's, Norfolk | "Ice Cream Paradise" episode
- Smithfield Inn Restaurant and Tavern, Smithfield | "Pork Paradise" episode
- Taverna Cretekou, Alexandria | "Buffet Paradise" episode
Man v. Food: Richmond (Travel Channel)
Just how big can Adam Richman eat?
Meat & Potatoes (Food Network)
Host Rahm Fama is on a mission for the finest cuts of meat this country has to offer. Lucky for us, he found some in Virginia.
- Columbia Firehouse, Alexandria | "Comfort Meats" episode
- The Liberty Tavern, Arlington | "Pigging Out" episode
The Best Thing I Ever Ate (Food Network)
Chefs are hard to please, so where do they eat? They eat at these Virginia restaurants, of course.
- Tres Leche Cake at Kuba Kuba, Richmond | "Better Than Mine" episode
- Peking Duck at Peking Gourmet Inn, Falls Church | "Holiday" episode
- Rib Platters at Ronnie's Ribs, Wings & Other Things, Richmond | "Bar-B-Que" episode
Throwdown with Bobby Flay (Food Network)
If you're looking for amazing BBQ, bakers, pizza makers and more, Bobby Flay will show them off as he challenges them on this show.
- Buz & Ned's Real Barbecue, Richmond | "BBQ Spare Ribs" episode
- Thai Basil, Chantilly | "Pad Thai" episode
Unique Eats (Cooking Channel)
Looking for a revolutionary restaurant? Those are what Unique Eats is on the hunt for.
- Dairy Godmother, Alexandria | "Ice Cream" episode
Last Updated: 12/20/2016