Take the train for comfort, convenience and picture-perfect Virginia views around every bend.
With its rich history, vibrant cities and abundant natural beauty, Virginia offers countless destinations ripe for exploration. There’s a lot to love, and Amtrak Virginia takes you to the heart of the action.
Amtrak Virginia’s nine passenger rail routes serve more than 23 stations throughout the Commonwealth – and connect travelers to the Northeast Corridor, as far north as Boston.
Take the train to enjoy wide, comfortable reclining seats and generous legroom, along with complimentary Wi-Fi service and in-seat power outlets. And, you won’t miss a meal! The café car has sandwiches, salads, snacks and hot and cold beverages available for purchase.
Cities Served by Amtrak Virginia
Pricing and Discounts
With Amtrak, you can stretch your legs – not your budget. Book at least 14 days in advance to save up to 25%. Everyday discounts also are available.
- Children – Children ages 2 through 12 years old ride for 50% – and children under 2 ride free.
- Seniors – Senior Amtrak travelers can save 10% on most trains.
- Military Personnel and Families – Active duty U.S. military personnel, their spouses and their dependents all save 10%.
- NARP Members – National Association of Railroad Passengers members save 10%.
Visit Amtrak’s website to learn more about discounts for passengers with disabilities and companions; federal government travelers; and groups of 20 or more.
Amtrak also holds sales and promotions throughout the year, with discounted fares to/from Virginia stations. Follow Amtrak Virginia on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for sale announcements, promotions, contests and more.
Pets on Board
Amtrak welcomes small dogs or cats (up to 20 pounds) for trips of up to seven hours on most routes (some restrictions apply*). You can bring your furry four-legged travel buddy for just $25 or 800 Amtrak Guest Rewards points. Visit Amtrak’s website to learn more.
Bring Your Bike
Ride the rails, then ride your bicycle once you reach your scenic Virginia destination! Amtrak offers a number of services to transport your bike onboard. The options vary based on your train, route and stations.
Between May and October 2018, cyclists taking advantage of the scenic Virginia Capital Trail don’t have to commit to a 100-mile round-trip. You can participate in a pilot program to board your bicycle and take the train in one direction between Richmond’s Main Street Station (RVM) and Williamsburg (WBG). Just make an advance reservation online, booking a one-way ticket, and pay a $20 fee. Each train can accommodate 12 bicycles, so customers need to be certain they see the bicycle add-on option that appears during the booking process when space is available. The following trains participate in the pilot program.
- Friday/Saturday: train 65 departs Main Street Station at 9:34 a.m. and arrives in Williamsburg at 10:38 a.m.
- Sunday-Thursday: train 67 departs Main Street Station at 10:10 a.m. and arrives in Williamsburg at 11:14 a.m.
- Daily: train 66 departs Williamsburg at 5:41 p.m. and arrives at Richmond Main Street Station at 6:30 p.m.
Visit Amtrak’s website to learn about other opportunities to bring bikes aboard.
For immediate attention concerning an existing reservation, call a service representative at 1-800-USA-RAIL or TDD/TTY 1-800-523-6590.