The Coastal Virginia - Hampton Roads region continues to draw visitors year after year. There's so much to see and do year 'round that you'll definitely be glad you came.
The Historic Triangle
Visit Historic Jamestowne, the Birthplace of English-speaking America, as well as Jamestown Settlement and American Revolution Museum in Yorktown.
Nearby attractions include:
- Colonial National Historical Park
- Colonial Williamsburg, the nation's largest living history museum, is actually a functional colonial town itself, and one of the most popular destinations in the world!
- Families, be sure to visit Busch Gardens theme park, voted the most beautiful theme park in the world, and soaking-wet fun Water Country USA!
- Golfers, this region is home to some of the best award-winning golf courses in the country, such as Kingsmill Resort & Spa.
Twenty-nine miles of Atlantic Oceanfront are accessible on the expanded white sands of Virginia Beach, with its famous paved Boardwalk and free seasonal events. Enjoy outdoor activities as well as these popular sites:
- Cape Henry Lighthouses - the oldest was built in 1792
- Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center
- Old Coast Guard Station
- Mount Trashmore Park
- False Cape State Park and First Landing State Park - where the English first landed before moving up-river to Jamestown.
In Norfolk, port of Cruise Norfolk, where large ocean liners dock at Nauticus, The National Maritime Center, you can see the Battleship Wisconsin, with tours given by navy personnel from the Hampton Roads Naval Museum next door.
The coastal cities of Newport News, Hampton and Portsmouth offer:
- The Mariners' Museum and Park, Newport News
- Virginia Living Museum, Newport News
- U.S. Army Transportation Museum, Newport News
- Fort Monroe, "Freedom's Fort" in Hampton
- Hampton University, founded in 1868
- Virginia Air & Space Center, Hampton
- Naval Shipyard Museum, Portsmouth
- Virginia Sports Hall of Fame & Museum, Portsmouth
- Children's Museum of Virginia, Portsmouth
- 717 General Booth Boulevard
With over 10,000 animals representing over 300 species, the Virginia Aquarium has an incredible amount of fun for anyone. Tour the…
- 717 General Booth Blvd
You can be among the first to participate in the new Whales & Wildlife Virginia Aquarium Sea Adventures. Aquarium educators on…