Virginia Beach is All About Sharing the Local LOVE
While visiting the biggest city in Virginia, make sure to experience the LOVE that surrounds you! Virginia Beach is a unique and dynamic destination for locals and tourists alike, offering miles of beautiful coastline, delicious dining, and exciting activities.
LOVEwork at the Virginia Beach Animal Care and Adoption Center- The Virginia Beach Animal Care & Adoption Center, where you can't buy love but you can ADOPT it! Find your next furry best friend here and a LOVEwork adorning the front lawn of the adoption center.
LOVEwork at the VIBE - The LOVEwork at the VIBE is Virginia Beach’s first 3D LOVE sign and represents the unique community that breathes life into the city.
LOVEwork at the Shack - The Shack at Virginia Beach is the perfect backyard party. Enjoy food, games and a classic Virginia Beach Orange Crush while you take advantage of this under the sea photo opportunity.
- Breakfast: Doc Taylor’s
- Lunch: Cactus Jack’s Southwest Grill
- Dinner: Il Giardino
- If you’re caught in the rain or need a day out of the sunshine, stop by the Museum of Contemporary Art. This award winning facility emphasizes the exploration and appreciation for the great art of our time. You can even take classes to hone your creative skills!
- Enjoy one of the pillars of Virginia Beach, The Boardwalk. The Boardwalk stretches from 2nd to 40th street. Along the way, stop at 31st street and visit the iconic King Neptune statue or rent a bicycle and enjoy all 38 blocks of oceanfront views.
- See the beautiful coastline of Virginia Beach on Horseback! Enjoy either a 30 minute or 60 minute ride through the surf. This activity is perfect for beginners and advanced riders alike. Can accommodate groups of all sizes.
- Breakfast: Big Sam’s Raw Bar
- Lunch: Waterman’s Surfside Grille
- Dinner: Chicks Oyster Bar
- A fabulous place for families with children is the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center. This educational and unique way to spend an afternoon in Virginia Beach features over 800,000 gallons of marine life and shares hands-on exhibits, nature paths, and marshlands.
- Take a load off, grab a bite to eat, and play some backyard games at The Shack on 8th. This upscale backyard party is perfect for relaxing and enjoying time with family and friends. Make sure to snap a picture at the LOVEwork while you’re here!
- Cape Henry Lighthouse is a longtime beloved tourist attraction in Virginia Beach. First authorized by George Washington and overseen by Alexander Hamilton, Cape Henry Lighthouse is surrounded by the Joint Expeditionary Base Fort Story, but is open to the public. In order to get on base, your vehicle will be subjected to a search for safety purposes.
Check out our map of places where you can add more LOVE to your vacation. Be sure to share your pictures on social media by tagging @VisitVirginia using the hashtag #LOVEVA.
Where the Chesapeake Bay meets the Atlantic Ocean, you’ll find the vibrant and bustling…
Getaway To Virginia Beach
Bask in the sun, play in the surf and soak up all the richness of the natural beauty around you.