Travelers discover that it's easy to get to Virginia and easy to get around once here. Virginia's location - midway between New York and Miami is less than a day's drive from any city east of the Mississippi. And Virginia's 11 commercial airports - including Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and Washington Dulles International (both newly renovated and expanded) - plus 57 general aviation airports and Amtrak rail service connect Virginia cities to commuter and long-distance travel routes. Virginia boasts well-maintained major highways; and with thousands of miles of scenic byways, a road trip in Virginia always turns up something new.
- Click here for road alerts and traffic cameras in Virginia or call the Highway Helpline at 1-800-367-ROAD for up to the minute information about current road and traffic conditions. See the Virginia Department of Transportation site for information about traveling the Commonwealth's roads.
- View an online map of Virginia's Safety Rest Areas and Welcome Center at VirginiaDOT.org.
- For information on Virginia's Ferry system please check the Virginia Department of Transportation's website.
- Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel
- Elizabeth River Tunnels
- Virginia State Highway Map
- 511 Virginia - I-81 Traffic and travel information. 24-hour voice response real time information. Local phone connection to hotels, motels, restaurants and businesses. 800-578-4111
- Electric Charging Stations.
- As you travel the Commonwealth, remember Virginia’s “Move Over Law.” Keep our first responders and highway workers safe! Get the facts about this life-saving law.
- Roanoke Regional Airport: http://www.roanokeairport.com
- Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport: http://www.flyshd.com
- Ronald Reagan National Airport: http://www.metwashairports.com/reagan/reagan.htm
- Washington Dulles Airport: http://www.metwashairports.com/dulles/dulles.htm
- Newport News-Williamsburg International Airport: http://www.nnwairport.com
- Norfolk International Airport: http://www.norfolkairport.com/
- Richmond International: http://www.flyrichmond.com/
- Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport: http://www.gocho.com
- Blue Ridge Regional Aiport: www.airnav.com/airport/KMTV
- Baltimore Washington International Airport: http://www.bwiairport.com
- Lynchburg Regional Airport http://www.lynchburgva.gov/location/lynchburg-regional-airport
- Virginia Department of Aviation: http://www.doav.virginia.gov/
- Virginia Railway Express http://www.vre.org/index.html
- Amtrak Virginia http://www.amtrakvirginia.com/
- Washington Metro Area Transit Authority http://www.wmata.com/
- Greyhound: http://www.greyhound.com/
Last Updated: 10/22/2018