one drive through the state and it is plain to see: Virginia is one of the most
beautiful places in the world. To truly experience this natural beauty, you
have to get out of the car and explore. If you’re chasing new adventures in the
great outdoors, Virginia is the perfect place to get your heart racing. With
such variety and beauty abound, it’s hard not to create a new historic outdoor
moment on each trip. This is why Virginia is for Outdoor Lovers.
- Virginia’s outdoor recreation options range widely from beaches to mountains and
everything in between. Learn to surf on the coast and ski in the mountains. For the ambitious, you could even do these in the same trip.
- Virginia’s moderate climate with all four seasons lends to many outdoor activities and the time to enjoy them.
- Virginia offers soft adventure for families to high adventure for adrenaline junkies. From the leisurely bike rides on the Creeper Trail to the complex mountain biking trails found throughout the state, you can find an adventure that’s just your speed.
- Many of Virginia's old railroad grades have been converted into multi-use recreation trails. These gentle, mostly flat trails range from a few miles to more and wind through some of the most beautiful scenery in Virginia.
- Virginia is a hiker's paradise – from walks through coastal marshes, epic backpacking trips along the famed Appalachian Trail, and even geocaching adventures,Virginia has a footpath for all abilities, offering stunning views, flowing cascades, rhododendron and large